WINSTON-SALEM, NC – The Winston-Salem State University Powerhouse of Red & White Cheerleading Program will hold its Red Team Tryouts on 5 - 7, 2019 at the C.E. Gaines Center on the campus of Winston-Salem State University.
Tryouts are open to all current full-time students of Winston-Salem State University as well as incoming freshmen in the fall of 2019. Participants must provide a copy of an unofficial transcript reflecting a miminum 2.3 GPA (not applicable to freshmen), proof of insurance, and a completed tryout application.
For more information on the Powerhouse of Red & White, contact WSSU Cheerleading Head Coach Eboni Graham at (336) 750-8873 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Team Tryouts Schedule
Date Time Location
4/5/19 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. C.E. Gaines Center
4/6/19 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. C.E. Gaines Center
4/7/19 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. C.E. Gaines Center
- Candidates MUST be a full-time student at Winston-Salem State University or an admitted incoming freshman at WSSU.
- Candidates MUST be present each day of the tryout.
- Candidates MUST provide a copy of either an unofficial transcript reflecting a minimum 2.3 GPA (current WSSU students only) or a copy of an acceptance letter to WSSU.
What to Bring?
- Completed Tryout Application
- Current Proof of Insurance/Insurance Card
- Copy of Updated Physical
What to Wear?
Sports Bra (Red, Black, or White) T-Shirt (Red, Black, or White)
Shorts (Red or Black) Shorts (Red or Black)
Athletic Shoes (Cheerleading Shoes preferred) Athletic Shoes